- Liuyang published a paper "Mechanisms of Graphyne-enabled Cholesterol Extraction from Protein Cluster" in the journal of RSC Advances. Congrats.
- Jalil published a paper "Morphological Patterns of a Growing Biological Tube in a Constrained Environment with Contacting Boundary" in the journal of RSC Advances. Congrats.
- Our paper "Quantitative Nanomechanical Charaterization of the van der Waals Interfaces between Carbon Nanotubes and Epoxy" was accepted for publication in the journal of Carbon.
- Our paper "Mechanical Analysis of Graphene-based Woven Nano-Fabric" was accepted for publication in the journal of Materials Science and Engineering: A.
- Matthew Sullivan (Matt S), Nicholas Winter, Shian Williams, Heather Huynh, four undergraduate students joins our research group as undergraduate researchers. Welcome!
- Matthew was selected for a SAME - Georgia Scholarship from the Georgia Engineering Foundation. Congrats.
- Our paper "Graphene Folding on Flat Substrates" was accepted for publication in Journal of Applied Physics.
- Dr. Wang with his colleagues, Professor Changhong Ke, Professor Xiaowei Zeng, and Professor Pablo D. Zavattieri, organizes a mini-symposium on the 51st Society of Engineering Science Annual Technical Meeting held at Purdue University.
- Ms. Heng Chen, a PhD candidate from NUAA (China), joins our research group as visiting scholar for six months. Welcome!
- Pablo (REU undergraduate from University of Puerto Rico at Bayamon) was recognized as the top 3 out of 10 students in the final poster presentation of NanoBio REU site at UGA and recommneded to attend the REU conference in DC in October to represent UGA NanoBio REU site.
- Matthew and Liuyang published a journal paper on Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics. Congrats.
- Liuyang published a journal paper on Journal of Chemical Theory and Computation. Congrats.
- Dr. Wang was selected to participate in the Writing Fellow Program of Center for Teaching and Learning during 2014-15.
- Center for Teaching and Learning awarded a FY2015 Learning Technologies Grant to CNBM Lab.
- 05/2014, Liuyang published a journal paper on Journal of Applied Physics. Congrats.
- Office of the Vice President for Research awarded a 2015 Faculty Research Grant to CNBM Lab.
- Office of Vice President for Instruction awarded a Summer 2014 Innovative Instruction Faculty Grants to CNBM Lab.
- Office of the Provost (UGA) awarded a Summer 2014 Research Grant to CNBM Lab.
- Matthew published a journal paper on Journal of Chemical Theory and Computation. Congrats.
- Matthew and Liuyang published a journal paper on Journal of Nanomechanics and Micromechanics. Congrats.
- Matthew and Jalil joined our research group as graduate students. Welcome.
- Liuyang publised a journal paper on Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics. Congrats.
- Dr. Wang published a journal paper on Chemical Physics Letters.
- Liuyang published a journal paper on Scientific Reports. Congrats.
- Chidi (undergraduate) won the first place in the poster competition at the 8th annual fall Peach State LSAMP national symposium and research conference. Congrats.
- Our lab was awarded a NSF CMMI grant awards with the title of "CDS&E: From Weakness to Strength in Bio-Composite Materials by Multiscale Modeling".
- Matthew (undergraduate) and Liuyang, published a journal paper on Chemical Physics Letters. Congrats.
- Office of STEM Education (UGA) awarded a mini-grant on our education research.
- Dr. Wang with his colleague, Professor Nima Rahbar, organized a mini-symposium on the 50th Annual Technical Meeting ASME-AMD Annual Summer Meeting held at Providence, RI (USA).
- Dr. Wang with his colleagues, Professor James D. Lee and Professor James Chen, organized a mini-symposium on the 12th US National Congress of Computational Mechanics held at Raleigh, NC (USA).
- Dr. Zhigang Sun, an Associate Professor from NUAA (China), joined our research group as visiting scholar for a year. Welcome!
- Dr. Wang was awarded the NSF Summer Institute Fellowship to attend the Materials Genome Short Course.
- Dr. Wang was awarded the UGA Provost Travel Funds to attend the conference.
- Dr. Wang's son, Hong-Yi, was born. How exciting the summer it is.
- Matthew Becton, an undergraduate student from engineering, joins our research group as a part-time researcher. Welcome!
- Liuyang Zhang joins Dr. Wang's research group as the first PhD student. Welcome!
- Dr. Wang joins Graphene, an international open journal as a member of editorial board.
- Dr. Wang joins Nanoscale Science and Engineering Center (NanoSEC) of UGA as a member.
- Dr. Wang and Dr. James D. Lee co-organized a mini-symposium on the International Workshop on Computational Mechanics of Materials held at Baltimore, MD (USA).
- Dr. Xianqiao Wang joins the College of Engineering as an Assistant Professor.