- Matt is selected to be awarded the 2017 University of Georgia "James L. Carmon Scholarship Award". Congrats.
- Jalil published a journal paper "Mechanism of Consistent Gyrus Formation: an Experimental and Computational Study" in the Scientific Reports.
- Ning published a journal paper "Tough and Strong Bioinspired Nanocomposites with Interfacial Cross-links"in the Nanoscale.
- Our paper "Commonly-Preserved and Species-Specific Gyral Folding Patterns across Primate Brains" was accepted in the journal Brain Structure and Function.
- Dr. Baoxing Xu, Dr. Weiyi Lu, Dr. XQ Wang, Dr. Horacio D. Espinosa, and Dr. Xiaodong Li co-organized a mini-symposium on the 2016 53rd Society of Engineering Science Annual Technical Meeting at University of Maryland.
- Our lab's research work on the understanding of mechanics of brain folding was highlighted in our College of Engineering Website and UGA Columns.
- Dr. Wang was named by UGA Center for Teaching and Learning as "Teacher of the Week" for Fall 2016.
- Dr. Ramana Pidaparti and Dr. Wang were awarded a three-year NSF grant with the title "CDS&E: Modeling and Property Evaluation of Self-Assembled Nano-Tubes". Congrats.
- Dr. Wang received the 2016 International Conference on Computational Method Young Investigator Award.
- Jalil publish a journal paper "Surface and Interfacial Creases in a Bilayer Tubular Soft Tissue" in the Physical Review E.
- Dr. Sumith Yesudasan Daisy (co-advised with Dr. Rodney Averett) joined our CNBM lab as a Postdoctoral Fellow.
- CNBM Lab graduated her first PhD student, Liuyang, who successfully made his PhD defense. Congrats.
- Heng published her third journal paper "Effect of CNT Length and Structural Density on Viscoelasticity of Buckypaper: A Coarse-Grained Molecular Dynamics Study" in the journal of Carbon.
- Ning published a journal paper "Abnormality in Fracture Strength of Polycrystalline Silicene" in the journal of 2D Materials.
- Dr. Ying Li, Dr. Xinghua Shi, Dr. Shan Tang and Dr. Wang co-organized a mini-symposium on the 2016 12th World Congress on Computational Mechanics in Seoul, Korea.
- A high-school student, Noah Johnson (UGA Young Dawgs Program), joined our lab for a summer intern.
- Dr. Wang was awarded a 2017 UGA Faculty Research Grant (FRG).
- Dr. Wang published a paper together with Dr. Changhong Ke "Nanomechanical Z-Shape Folding of Graphene on Flat Substrate" in the journal of Extreme Mechanics Letters.
- Heng published a journal paper "Energy Dissipation Capability and Impact Response of Carbon Nanotube Buckypaper: A Coarse-Grained Molecular Dynamics Study" in the journal of Carbon.
- Dr. Wang was invited to serve on a NSF CMMI program panel.
- An undergraduate student, Emily Lindberg, from Syracuse University joined our lab for the 2016 summer intern through the UGA Nanotechnology and Biomedicine REU site.
- Matthew published a journal paper "Mechanical Properties of BNynes: Scaling Laws and Failure Patterns" in the journal of Advanced Engineering Materials.
- Liuyang published a journal paper "DNA Sequencing by Hexagonal Boron Nitride Nanopore: A Computational Study" in the journal of Nanomaterials.
- Matthew published a journal paper "Controlling Nanoflake Motion Using Stiffness Gradients on Hexagonal Boron Nitride" in the journal of RSC Advances.
- Ning published a journal paper "Fracture Patterns and Energy Release Rate of Phosphorene" in the journal of Nanoscale.